Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Who Am I?

Saw the meme started by MercerMachine and reflected on my life. This sure did stir up some deep rooted feelings.

I Am That Guy

I am the baby you almost aborted because he came unexpectedly.

I am the baby you almost gave away. Why? Because you were too young to get married

I am the child you left behind with anyone who was willing and able to look after. Who had to depend on the charity of relatives in order to go through life...

I am the child who grew up "fine", in spite of the many difficulties...

I am the child who was told by his mother : "If you see me, you must pretend not to know me"...

I am the boy who paid 30 bucks for a used pair of sports shoes, because new ones cost a bomb...

I am the boy who skipped half his JC 2 and whom deliberately failed his "A" Levels just so he could repeat; who took the LONG route through JC, Poly, Work and University...

I am the man who had his breath taken away by the woman of his dreams; who couldn't believe no one in his right mind did not already try to woo her...

I am the husband who cried while singing on his wedding day as he saw his beautiful bride walk down the aisle...

I am the father who could not believe the little shivering baby was his...

I am the husband who hugged his wife as his daughter went through her heart operation...

I am the father who is so glad for God's graces; who provided him with a wonderful family and an even bigger extended family...

I am that baby. I am that child. I am that boy, and now, I am that man...

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael McClung said...

oh, you're *that* guy. Very pleased to meet you!

8:41 pm  
Blogger PC said...

Hi Beth :o)

I'm trying too.. we do together okie?

Hi Mercermachine

Your site is awesome.. thanks for that post. Really got me in touch with myself...

2:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey...stay strong.. God bless.

12:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's sweet :-)

7:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Web Counter