Saturday, September 15, 2007

My life is a ...

... Korean drama... at least that's what I was told.

As you all already know, I come (came?) from a broken home; my parents were divorced when I was 5, and my mom does not publicly acknowledge me as her son. No, not because she's ashamed of me, but, well, because I guess I'm her "little secret".

3 days ago, I was working later through lunch and feeling hungry, I decided to take a walk to the food court to get some food.. when out of the corner of my eye, I saw someone waving frantically at me.

It was D, an old friend from church. She jumped up, gave me a big hug and introduced me to her neighbour... my mom.

W-O-W

After I had bought my food, D offered to buy me a drink and when she was away, my mom told me..."D told me you're a very good boy, and that you had a really hard life". With that, she put a hand to her chest and sighed.

W-O-W

While she did tell D that she knew me, she never acknowledged me as her son; she just told D that it was a "long story".

The irony of it all? D kept saying during lunch how much she treated me like her son.

W-O-W

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Web Counter