Thursday, September 27, 2007

Small actions, Big impact

I'm beginning to understand how small actions can lead to big changes... in my blood sugar.

Went to my mom-in-law's 2 nights ago during Mid-Autumn Festival. The spread was so good I got depressed. In the end, I had a whole plate of Lady's Finger to take the edge off my hunger. Then I settled down and had a couple pieces of chicken curry, mushrooms cooked with shredded chicken, and vegetables cooked in various forms. Finally... I did the unthinkable; I had 3 wedges of moon cake. I felt the effects the next morning.. my blood sugar jumped from 5.9 the previous day to 7.4, a substantial jump.

I did better yesterday. Had fruit for breakfast and went to the gym and had an excellent workout. For lunch, I had a full salad (with nuts), dressed in 1/4 cup of orange juice, as well as loads of fruit. You may not believe it, but it was fabulous. For dinner, I was craving for hot soup, so I had my helper warm up some chicken soup. I also have 2/3s a big bowl of salad, 2 plums, 2 kiwi fruit and 1 banana. My fasting glucose this morning was 6.4.

I must be doing better. A neighbour's maid told my helper that I've lost lots of weight. :o)

1 Comments:

Blogger b o o said...

thats great :)

if you ever get caught in the facebook madness, add me: boochicky@gmail.com

7:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter
Web Counter